7330 Thornapple River Drive
P.O. Box 370
Ada, MI 49301
Phone: (616) 676-9191, ext. 26
Fax: (616) 676-5870
Hours: M-F 8am-5pm
The Assessing Department staff is available Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Please feel free to stop in or call (616) 676-9191, ext. 26 if you have any questions about your property. The assessing system is quite complex, and we are always willing to help our taxpayers understand how the system works.
If you would like to review your properties' assessment information, please click here.
The assessor’s office will be working on all open building permits for the year as well as those permits pulled for new construction since January 1.
The assessor’s office will also continue to be working on neighborhood reviews. We will be in a marked vehicle and will have identification. If you have concerns please call the Ada Township office at 616-676-9191.
The Assessing Department is responsible for the inventory of all property within Ada Township and the valuation of all of its taxable property. The Assessing Office maintains records of current ownership, assessed and taxable values, property characteristics and market data. The Assessing Department follows the requirements of the General Property Tax Law of the State of Michigan.
- True Cash Value: The estimated market value of your property.
- Assessed Value: One half of the true cash value. The Assessor is not permitted by State Law to set your new assessment at one-half of your purchase price. Annual changes of assessment are based on sales in the neighborhood. Ada Township has at least 54 sales neighborhoods. Your neighborhood rarely consists solely of the homes located on your street. It is your responsibility as a taxpayer to review your Property Record Card periodically to be sure you agree with all the information that is currently of record.
- Taxable Value: The value capped by Proposal A that is multiplied by the millage rate to calculate your tax bill. Your taxable value can never exceed your assessed value.
- Principal Residence Exemption: An 18 mill reduction in property taxes on your primary residence, and any contiguous vacant land. Principal Residence Exemptions that are in effect January 1 each year stay in effect for the calendar year. The May 1 filing deadline for Principal Residence Exemptions applies to new applications-only. You do not need to apply each year.
- Property Record Card: Contains owner name and address, legal description, sales history, assessment history, picture of home, building sketch with square footage and other value-enhancing amenities. To view a copy of your Property Record, please call the Assessing Office Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. (616) 676-9191, ext. 26, or email your inquiries.
Assessing Office Forms:
The following forms should be downloaded, filled out and mailed or dropped off at the Assessing Office: Ada Township Offices, 7330 Thornapple River Drive, P.O. Box 370, Monday through Friday, from 8 a.m. until 5 p.m. For questions regarding which of the forms to use, please contact the Assessor's Office at (616) 676-9191, ext. 26.
HARDSHIP/POVERTY APPLICATION FOR 2012
HARDSHIP/POVERTY GUIDELINES FOR 2012
Form 2766, L-4260 Property Transfer Affidavit
Property Transfer Affidavit This form must be filed whenever real estate or some types of personal property are transferred.
2368, Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemption Affidavit
Principal Residence Exemption (PRE) Affidavit.
Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption
Conditional Rescission of Principal Residence Exemption (PRE)
2620, Request to Rescind Homeowner's Principal Residence Exemption
Request to Rescind Homeowners Principal Residence Exemption.
- About Ada
- Parks & Recreation
- Fire & Rescue