Mission: "To provide all community members with diverse recreational opportunities including access to premier natural, historical and cultural areas that enhance our quality of life and inspire the preservation of nature."
The Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department offers a variety of adult recreational programs throughout the seasons:
- Adult Softball (Spring and Fall)
- Adult Pickle Ball (Summer)
- Youth/Adult/Family Events
- Walks with a Naturalist (Year-round), call for more information.
- Park Volunteer & Stewardship Opportunities (Year-round Needs)
Parks & Recreation Calendar Links:
Upcoming Adult-Focused Parks & Recreation Programming (please consult the above flyers for additional programs):
• Drawing and Painting Workshops, Ada Township Park Learning Center, Saturdays, 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. $40/per session March 7 and 21. Beginner to advanced artists are welcome. Attend one or more of the dates. Instructor Scott Kenyon
• Foraging 101: Ethics, Sustainability & Safety of Wild Edibles March 24, 2015 6:00 p.m. -7:30 p.m. Ada Park Learning Center $8 Join herbalist, forager and author Lisa Rose to learn about local plants that can be used for food and herbal medicine. Ethics, sustainability and safety of foraging will be discussed. Class held inside with some time outdoors. Foraging 101: Ethics, Sustainability & Safety of Wild Edibles Program Flyer
Adult Volunteer Opportunities:
Interested in volunteering with the Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department? Please click here to download a volunteer application form.