New Resident Resources
Dear New Resident:
Thank you for choosing Ada Township as your new home! We hope you'll find this the perfect place to live, work and play! Ada Township has a proud heritage and an exciting future. Our neighborhoods and rural residential areas offer a wide range of housing options, from majestic home sites on rolling meadows and wooded lots teaming with nature, to transitional housing options, and family-friendly neighborhoods with tree-lined streets and great neighbors.
Our business district, Ada Village, is full of quaint shops, art galleries, unique restaurants and necessary service amenities all within walking distance. Please take a look at our New Resident Checklist and let us know if we can help you get settled in. Our Township staff is here to answer questions and assist you with in getting acquainted with Ada Township.
New Resident Checklist
- Make sure your Principal Residence Exemption has been filed to lower your property taxes. Visit the Assessing Office for more information.
- Change Water/Sewer billing into your name. Visit the Utilities Department for more information
- Find out about Leaf Pickup Dates and our Burn Ordinance. Visit the Clerk's Office for more information.
- Visit our Kent District Library partner, Cascade Branch to get a library card, sign up for reading clubs, and enroll in children's programs.
- Visit the Parks & Recreation Department located at 1180 Buttrick Avenue (Ada Park Buttrick Entrance), to sign up for upcoming recreation education programs, or enroll a team in softball (or join a team). Please visit the Parks & Recreation portion of this website for information about Ada Township's parks, trails/maps, and rental facilities.
- Contact the Building, Planning & Zoning Department if you plan on making any improvements or additions to your new home.
- Sign up for resident newsletters, alerts and reminders at Join Our Mailing List, located on the Home Page of this website. You may also subscribe to RSS updates by clicking on the RSS icon located in the upper-right hand corner of the Home Page of this website.
- Pick-up Leaf Collection bags. Leaf collection bags can be purchased at the Treasurer's Office for a nominal fee.
- Township Fees (Ada Township Charges and Fees for services including, but not limited to the following: meeting room rental, special meeting requests, Parks & Recreation rentals, cemetery, Planning, Zoning, etc.)
- Register your bicycles at the Ada Fire-Rescue Department for easy identification and safe return in case of theft. You can also get a free child safety seat check, and have your home surveyed for fire dangers and security concerns. Learn where you can and cannot burn in Ada Township. For more information, please visit the Ada Township Fire-Rescue Department.
- Make sure your mail finds your new home. Visit the Ada Post Office: 7125 Headley Street SE, Ada, MI, M-F from 9AM-5:30PM and Saturdays from 9AM-12PM. You can also open a P.O. Box, suspend mail, purchase stamps, use their automated postal center, or obtain a passport.
- Familiarize yourself with the Ada Township Code of Ordinances.
- Attend one of Ada Township's Meetings, or Special Events