Planning & Zoning
7330 Thornapple River Drive
P.O. Box 370
Ada, MI 49301
Phone: (616) 676-9191
Fax: (616) 676-5870
Hours: Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.
Planning & Zoning Services
Ada Township's Planning and Zoning Department is responsible for providing the following services:
- Administration and enforcement of the Township's land use and development regulations (Zoning Ordinance)
- Staff support to the Planning Commission and the Zoning Board of Appeals.
- Completion of long-range planning studies and programs for the Township, such as the Township Master Plan, Open Space Preservation Plan, Non-Motorized Trail Plan, Parks and Recreation Plan and other planning studies as directed by the Planning Commission and Township Board.
- Non-Motorized Trail Plan, Parks and Recreation Plan and other planning studies as directed by the Planning Commission and Township Board.
- Enforcement of other Township regulatory ordinances, such as those relating to storage of inoperable vehicles and requirements for clearing of snow from public sidewalks.
- Provide information to Township residents, businesses and the general public regarding regulations affecting the use and development of land in the Township.
- Manages outside departmental building contractor, Cascade Township's Building Department which implements the issuance of permits and conducts inspections. The department reviews all plans, issues permits and inspects and maintains records on all Ada Township construction projects. Inspectors are registered by the State of Michigan in one or more of the building trades as well as plan review.
The Planning and Zoning Department seeks to maintain the high quality living environment that residents of the Township enjoy and value, and ensure that the Township continues to have a mix of successful retail, service and manufacturing businesses that provide goods and services for residents, a source of local employment and a strong and diversified tax base.
Quick Links to Ada Township Building, Planning & Zoning Resources
Zoning Board of Appeals
Ada Township Planning Commission
Tom Korth, Chairperson
Angela Butterfield-Klaasen, Vice Chairperson
Sara Easter, Secretary
Norm Rhoades, Board Representative
Ada Township Zoning Board of Appeals
Richard Boman, Chairperson
Geoffrey Fields, Vice Chairperson
Robert Lowry, Planning Commission Representative
Susan Burton, Board Representative
- About Ada
- Planning & Zoning
- Election / Voter Information
- Fire - Rescue
- Law Enforcement
- Property/Tax/Utility Lookup
- Transportation/Hope Network
- Dog Licenses
- FOIA Requests
- External Links
- Parks & Recreation
- Ada Farmers Market
- Parks & Recreation
- Fire & Rescue