•Registration is Open! Winter Discovery Days, Junior Naturalist, and Family-Friendly Programs!
•Bridge Lighting and Tinsel, Treats & Trolley, Dec. 5
•Annual Santa Parade, Dec. 6
•Holiday Wreath Sales Available Now Through 12/13
PARKS & RECREATION YOUTH AND FAMILY EVENTS:
• Please click here for the 2014-2015 Winter Parks & Recreation Flyer. The Ada Township Parks & Recreation Department offers winter programs geared toward preschoolers, youth and families.
"Discovery Days" programs are for preschoolers ages 3-5 (with a parent or guardian), and most programs cost $5.00 and are held at Ada Park. Dates: 12/10, 12/11, 1/14, 1/15, 2/11, 2/12, 3/11, and 3/12.
"Junior Naturalist" programs are for youth ages 7-11. Snowshoe Stomp will be held 1/31 at Ada Park ($5.00).
Other youth and family programs include: Cross Country Skiing-Just the Basics 1/10 ($5.00) at Roselle Park (bring your own equipment); Home for the Birds-Build a Birdhouse 2/7 ($10.00 fee-materials will be provided); and Live Birds of Prey-A Bird's Eye View 3/15 ($5.00). All programs require preregistration by calling the parks office at (616) 676-0520, or by emailing the
. Please print out the Winter Parks & Recreation Flyer for more details.
BRIDGE LIGHTING CEREMONY AND TINSEL, TREATS & TROLLEYS, FRIDAY, DEC. 5
Annual Bridge Lighting Ceremony Begins at 5:30PM, followed by Tinsel, Treats & Trolleys from 6PM-9PM.
ANNUAL SANTA PARADE, SATURDAY, DEC. 6
Santa Parade Lineup begins at 10:30AM (Ada Drive/Thornapple Shopping Center), Parade at 11AM. Free hot chocolate, cookies and photos with Santa at the Ada Fire Station from 11AM-1PM. Hotdog lunch $5.00 • Please click here for the Holiday Parade flyer.
WREATH SALES THROUGH DECEMBER 13, OR UNTIL SOLD OUT:
Begin your holiday shopping with a stop at our annual wreath sale fundraiser. The sale is the Averill Historical Museum's principal fundraising opportunity of the year. We will have Douglas Fir and Fraser Fir wreaths with handmade bows available for sale. Order forms can be found at the Township offices, online, and at the museum.
You can pre-order your holiday wreath, by downloading the following order form. Wreaths will also be sold from the red barn located at the Averill Historic Museum, starting Friday November 21 (please see the PDF order form for details), while supplies last. Wreath sales help support the Ada Historical Society. Please click here for a PDF of the wreath order form.
STAY UP-TO-DATE ON ADA TOWNSHIP NEWS:
There are many ways you can learn about upcoming Ada Township special events and activities. Below are a few options:
- READ THE ADAVIEW NEWSLETTER: You can view archived AdaView newsletters under ABOUT-NEWS>PRESS, or by clicking here.
- JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST: To keep up-to-date on activities in Ada Township, please join the Ada Township Email List located to the right. We feature safe subscribe and you may opt-out at any time.
- RSS FEEDS: If you'd like to keep up-to-date on event activities in Ada Township, subscribe to Ada Township's new RSS News Feed by clicking on the orange RSS icon located in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- "NEWS ALERTS" COLUMN: Please visit "News Alerts" located in the column to the left, and check back often to learn about any late-breaking or urgent news alert items.
- PARTICIPATE IN OUR ONLINE FORUMS: Please visit our "Online Forum" located in the column to the left, under NEWS ALERTS.
- SYNC YOUR CALENDAR WITH ADA TOWNSHIP'S: Visit our Master Calendar for all the latest Meeting Dates and Times; General Community Events and Activities; and, Parks & Recreation Programs. Don't forget you can add Ada Township events to your personal Google calendar.