• July 4th Parade, Festivities & Fireworks
• Ada Farmers Market & Music on the Lawn: Tuesdays in the Village
• Envision Ada
Ada Township Events Calendar:
For the Events Calendar, please click here.
Summer News and Events:
For details about any of the upcoming events listed below, please consult the latest AdaView Newsletter (link above).
•Ada Farmers Market: Tuesdays through October 27, 2015.
The market is held each Tuesday from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m., from June 9th through Tuesday, October 27, 2015. We are located at The Community Church parking lot located at 7239 Thornapple River Drive, with ample parking on-site and nearby, including barrier-free spaces. Click here for the Ada Farmers Market website.
•Music on the Lawn: Tuesdays through August 25, 2015
A different musical group each week. All events are free and open to all. Grab a lawn chair and come enjoy the sounds of summer at Music on the Lawn! The events will take place from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the Ada Historical Society.
•Fourth of July Festivities: Parade and Fireworks, Saturday, July 4th
•Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day: Saturday, July 18, 2015
In conjunction with Kent County’s Household Hazardous Waste Program, Cascade & Ada Townships are sponsoring a Household Hazardous Waste Collection Day on Saturday July 18th. Township residents wishing to dispose of their unused or unwanted household chemical waste are encouraged to bring them to this one day event. Chemicals such as weed killers, bug sprays, antifreeze, gasoline, oil-based paint, wood preservatives, paint thinner, pool chemicals, deck cleaners, fluorescent light bulbs, and mercury thermometers & thermostats can all be brought in for disposal.
The collection will run from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. and will be held at Cascade Buttrick Station, 2990 Buttrick Ave. SE.
Latex Paint, medical waste, pharmaceuticals, ammunition and fireworks are not accepted through this program.
This Household Hazardous Waste Collection is for Ada and Cascade Township residents only. No materials from business, schools, institutions or commercial farmers can be accepted. Please be prepared to show your driver’s license for proof of residency.
Additional questions on what’s accepted for disposal may be directed to Kent County at 616-336-2570616-336-2570 or 1-888-217-28501-888-217-2850 FREE or go to the County’s website at www.recyclekent.org and click on hazardous waste.
•August in Ada: Ada Park, Friday, August 7 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
DDA/Envision Ada Press Release:
Ada Village Design Plan Final Report:
Envision Ada Information
STAY UP-TO-DATE ON ADA TOWNSHIP NEWS:
There are many ways you can learn about upcoming Ada Township special events and activities. Below are a few options:
- READ THE ADAVIEW NEWSLETTER: You can view archived AdaView newsletters under ABOUT>NEWS/PRESS, or by clicking here.
- JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST: To keep up-to-date on activities in Ada Township, please join the Ada Township Email List located to the right. We feature safe subscribe and you may opt-out at any time.
- RSS FEEDS: If you'd like to keep up-to-date on event activities in Ada Township, subscribe to Ada Township's new RSS News Feed by clicking on the orange RSS icon located in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- "NEWS ALERTS" COLUMN: Please visit "News Alerts" located in the column to the left, and check back often to learn about any late-breaking or urgent news alert items.
- PARTICIPATE IN OUR ONLINE FORUMS: Please visit our "Online Forum" located in the column to the left, under NEWS ALERTS.
- SYNC YOUR CALENDAR WITH ADA TOWNSHIP'S: Visit our Master Calendar for all the latest Meeting Dates and Times; General Community Events and Activities; and, Parks & Recreation Programs. Don't forget you can add Ada Township events to your personal Google calendar.