Upcoming Parks & Recreation Programs
Register now for full and half-day camps, plus more!
Register for Foraging 201, Nature Walk & Talk on May 4
PARKS & RECREATION PROGRAM FLYERS:
- Spring 2015 Parks & Recreation Flyer / Spring 2015 Adaview Newsletter
- Ada Parks Spring Preschool Programs Flyer
- Ada Parks Youth Program Flyer-Spring/Summer 2015
- Ada Parks Rec Department Youth Adventure Programs Flyer
- Ada Township Parks Youth Program Application
- Foraging 101
YOUTH PROGRAM REGISTRATION PACKETS:
- Kids' Garden Registration
- Ada Township Summer Youth Programs Registration Packet
- Ada Township Summer Youth Programs Registration Form
PARKS & RECREATION CALENDAR:
UPCOMING PARKS & RECREATION PROGRAMS:
•Ada Village Kids' Garden Registration Deadline is 4/17
•Register for Young Explorers, Discovery Days, Junior Naturalists, and Outdoor Adventurers
•Summer Day Camp Adventures Now Accepting Applications!
•Spring Foraging 201: Season by Season: 5/4
Parks & Recreation Department Quick Links
- Youth Programs
- Adult Programs
- Softball Leagues
- Volunteer (2015 Summer Youth Programs & Fall Roselle Park River Festival and Grand River Run)
Boy and Girl Scout Programs:
FACILITY USE AND PARK POLICIES:
Park Hours : Park grounds are open to the public dawn to dusk, seven days a week.
Dog Policy: Township ordinances require dogs to be on a leash and cleaned up after in all parks.
Motorized Vehicles: Snowmobiles and other motorized vehicles are not allowed on trails or in the Parks.
Ada Park Shelter & Gazebo Rentals (available April through October):
Please Note: The Ada Covered Bridge is not rented out for private use.
Ada Athletic Fields & Courts:
WINTER RECREATION OPPORTUNITIES:
- Ice Rink at Leonard Field: Available as the weather allows. It is open to the public and general skating. Children must be supervised by a guardian.
- Cross Country Ski Trails at Roselle Park: Available as the weather allows. The trails start near the silos and extend through the north section of the park. Trail markers are set up along the trail. Please do not walk on or allow dogs on the X-C ski tracks.
- Walking & Bike Paths: Our best attempts will be made to clear the snow off of the paved park trail after each major snowfall. Note that conditions may remain wet, icy and/or slippery throughout the winter. At Roselle Park, only a section of the paved path will be plowed in the winter to allow for X-C skiing in the north section. Sections of the trail will be closed when flooded.
ADA TOWNSHIP'S PARKS:
Ada Township Park & Locke Arboretum. 1180 Buttrick Avenue. 57 acres. The park offers paved paths (barrier free), a nature trail, playground, picnic pavilions, soccer fields, tennis courts, softball/baseball fields, restroom facilities (closed for the winter), a fishing pond, the Locke Arboretum, ample parking (2 entrances: Buttrick and Grand River), and the Ada Township Parks & Recreation office.
Grand River Nature Trail & Preserve Grand River Drive SE. Enter via Ada Park or McGraw Park. 110 acres. A paved trail connection from Ada Township Park to the entry to the Ada Moorings development was completed in 2002 adjacent to Grand River Drive, as well as a paved trail from one of the streets in Ada Moorings to the natural area, and extending through the natural area to connect to the Forest Hills Public Schools crew facility in Cascade Township. Other trails in the natural area are to be limited to a mowed grass surface. Directional signs to get visitors from the parking area to the trail head have been installed. Interpretive signs that will educate the public on habitats, cultural history and the flora and fauna of the preserve will be installed along the paved trail.
Leonard Park & Ada Covered Bridge. 7490 Thornapple River Drive. 2 acres. Leonard Park, Field & the Ada Covered Bridge serves as the heart of Ada and features a grassy baseball/softball field during the warmer months, and an ice skating pond during the winter months. Leonard Park is located along the Thornapple River, and features the historic Ada Bridge—a pedestrian bridge that walkers and bikers alike enjoy.
Roselle Park 1010 Grand River Drive NE. 247 acres. Roselle Park offers resident both paved and natural trails, providing access to the floodplain areas along the Grand River. The park features observation decks for bird-watching, a canoe stop along the Grand River, exterior rock climbing wall, picnic areas, rain gardens, bird nesting boxes, natural areas, prairie, wetlands, and a converted silo observation tower with panoramic views of the entire park, and winter X-C ski trails.
The community's outstanding natural features have resulted in a number of regional recreational facilities being located in the area, including a large County Park and extensive State Game Area lands.
Please visit the links below to obtain maps to parks and trails near Ada Township:
Chief Hazy Cloud Park
STAY UP-TO-DATE ON ADA TOWNSHIP NEWS:
There are many ways you can learn about upcoming Ada Township special events and activities. Below are a few options:
- READ THE ADAVIEW NEWSLETTER: You can view archived AdaView newsletters under ABOUT>NEWS/PRESS, or by clicking here.
- JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST: To keep up-to-date on activities in Ada Township, please join the Ada Township Email List located to the right. We feature safe subscribe and you may opt-out at any time.
- RSS FEEDS: If you'd like to keep up-to-date on event activities in Ada Township, subscribe to Ada Township's new RSS News Feed by clicking on the orange RSS icon located in the upper right-hand corner of this page.
- "NEWS ALERTS" COLUMN: Please visit "News Alerts" located in the column to the left, and check back often to learn about any late-breaking or urgent news alert items.
- PARTICIPATE IN OUR ONLINE FORUMS: Please visit our "Online Forum" located in the column to the left, under NEWS ALERTS.
- SYNC YOUR CALENDAR WITH ADA TOWNSHIP'S: Visit our Master Calendar for all the latest Meeting Dates and Times; General Community Events and Activities; and, Parks & Recreation Programs. Don't forget you can add Ada Township events to your personal Google calendar.